Sunday, November 6, 2011

As Promised - Apple Cider & Apple Cups [Recipe/Tutorial] [Picture]

It's finaly feeling a little cooler here in sunny SoCal so I decided it was the perfect time to hunt for a cider recipe to use up all of my apples (see previous post here). Well let me tell you something about apple cider, it takes a whole lot of apples! And while I'm all for trying things homemade, natural and organic (at least once), there is no way I was going to spend the moohla on 36 apples for 1 gallon of apple cider! [Source] Yes, you read that right, and yes, that's a ton of apples. So instead, I went the store-bought route. Cheaper, easier, and if I serve them out of cute cups it makes up for it, right? Anyway, a picture of our evening, let the ooh's and ahh's ensue! (Also, please forgive that I only have one photo. I can't find my camera anywhere!! AHHH!)

To make these sweet little apple cups I used an apple, a paring knife and a hard plastic measuring spoon - a melon baller would have worked great though! I cut just to the bottom of the stem, all the way across the apple (horizontally). Then, using your instrument of choice, carve out most of the apple and seeds and such. Then, fill with your drink of choice! (Will hold between 2 and 4 ounces of liquid, depending on the apple). I made two cups of apple cider and the three of us drank 3 or so cupfuls each before eating our cups :)

If you make these, please share with me in the comments section! Or if this leads to any other fun Fall ideas, let me know!!

Photobucket

1 comment: